With a multitude of ways to use and enjoy cannabis, it can be challenging to understand what everything is. Each type of product in the cannabis world has varying effects. They can range from the strain of the plant to how cannabis is used within a product. Let’s break down some of the most common ways to purchase and use cannabis to have a better idea of what each one is.
Cannabis Product Categories
There are many products in the cannabis industry since cannabis has gained more legality throughout the world. Many companies have come up with creative ways to use the plant, including these familiar forms.
- Flowers and Buds: This is cannabis in the most natural form. These are the parts of the cannabis plant that is harvested and dried out for smoking, vaping, or using to make your extracts.
- Concentrates: Concentrates are things like hash, resin, and kief that are concentrated forms of THC. Concentrates are typically produced using pressure to extract the THC content.
- Extracts: Extracts are refined using solvents like CO2 or butane. These products like shatter, oils, and wax are high in THC, and you can quickly get the effects of THC.
- Oils: Oils are used for vape pens and food purposes. They come in a variety of ways from tinctures, capsules, and solids.
Cannabis Product Types
By creating concentrates and extracts, cannabis can make a wide variety of products. Some of the most popular products within the market are as follows:
- Tinctures: Tinctures are liquids infused with cannabis. They are convenient to use, merely taking a drop or two under the tongue or adding to your food or drink.
- Shatter: Shatter is a glass-like extract used to smoke or “dab.” The benefit of quality shatter is it’s fast-acting and potent.
- Capsules: Cannabis capsules hold powdered extract of either THC or CBD. Using a tablet is a quick, easy, and convenient way to get your dose quickly. This is especially beneficial for those who dislike the taste of cannabis.
- Resin: Freezing cannabis before extraction makes resin. The result is a more flavorful product similar to shatter and other extracts.
- Powders: Powders are extracts used to create capsules. The powders can also be added to smoothies, drinks, and other food items.
- Vape Pens: THC and CBD vape pens use extract oils. Vape products are incredibly popular for being a fast-action way to get your dose while being less intense than smoking the flower. There is less odor, and it’s far more portable, making vape pens a great way to use cannabis.
- Gummies: Gummies are a popular edible in the cannabis market. Gummies are made with CBD or THC and are available in a variety of flavors and potency. Easy and convenient cannabis gummies are perfect for people on the go and that dislike the taste of cannabis. Cannabis gummies use cannabis extracts, depending on the type of gummies they are making.
Know What Your Getting
There are many ways to purchase and use cannabis, as it continues to build economies and become more readily available. Companies continue to find more and more unique ways to use cannabis. Whether you enjoy smoking it, vaping it, eating it, or taking a drop of a tincture, there are thousands of ways to enjoy your cannabis.
Understanding how the various products are produced should make the purchasing of these products much more manageable. We all like to know what we are buying, and when it comes to cannabis, it shouldn’t be any different. Now that you’ve a better understanding of what all of these products are and how they are used, you can go to your local dispensary with confidence.