If you’ve been in a dating rut, or find yourself getting into relationships with the same types of women—take heed. Why not dip your toes into the exotic and alluring world of foreign women? Believe it or not, there are a ton of other countries besides the USA (I was shocked, too), and every single one of them has attractive women. A foreign partner will bring a different perspective and different life experiences and, who knows, might be just the change of pace your basic love life needs.
“But, Modern Thrill,”
you begin to ask,
“How do I do it? I’m just a nerd with an Asian fetish, I don’t know the first thing about women, foreign or otherwise.”
Obviously we know that, nerd. We’ve got some tips that may help you. But remember, ultimately, just be yourself. Its the lamest advice but the best advice.
- Don’t be afraid to look online – Dating websites are more popular than ever, millions of people are being connected through apps like Tinder, Match, OKCupid and so on. Moreover, there are website communities that specifically help you date foreign women. Why not give it a shot?
- Be confident – This goes for pretty much all dating scenarios, but especially one where a language barrier of some type might exist. When you are first introduced or first meeting a person who’s first language is different than yours, the unspoken communication of body language will carry the day. Be masculine, be confident, be rich if you can afford it.
- Try to speak/learn her language – It will be very touching to her, and it will be freaking adorable, even if you suck. Maybe especially if you suck. Either way, it shows that you are confident enough to try (remember thing 1?) and it shifts some of the vulnerability from her to you—as she will be more comfortable speaking her first language than you will be. If the relationship lasts for a long time you may just pick up a life skill.
- Food! – If the Travel Channel has taught me anything (and trust me, its taught me everything), one way for persons of different cultures to connect is food. Most dates are centered around food anyway, so whether you’re going to a restaurant or you/she are making a home cooked meal, you and your foreign date can bond over shared appreciation for each other’s food cultures.
- Make her laugh – This is dating 101, fam. Make her laugh and you’re good to go. No one wants to be around someone who is no fun, so don’t be no fun.
- Spend time abroad – When YOU are the foreigner, it adds that level of exoticness and appeal. A 6’2 White guy may not be that exotic in the USA or the UK, but in rural Thailand? They’ll think you are a goddamn movie star. Or probably not a movie star, but still they will notice you, and thats half the battle.
Welp get out there and start wooing those foreign ladies.