MBA is one of the most sought-after and popular business programs out there. The number of international students who apply and get into some top-notch B-schools to pursue an MBA is gaining an upward momentum with each passing year. But most importantly, post-MBA, your career prospects and varied avenues would get opened and heightened, thus allowing you to take full advantage of its perks. One such bonus is the opportunity to satisfy your travel hunger if you are a travel enthusiast. Below is a list of top 7 countries where you can pursue your MBA and enjoy the blissful, exotic surroundings along with getting familiar with the unique culture that it present to you:
Spain is one country that has the best resources for a student who wants to get the best of both worlds. This means that an aspirant seeking the best MBA program abroad and wishes to fulfill his/her travel goals. Spain, in this regard, is the best place. Some of the top MBA programs in Spain are as follows:
- IE Business School
- ESADE Business School
- IESE Business School
Spain is a very diverse country with its rich natural and cultural resources, a hotspot for many tourists worldwide. Known for its Latin American culture, Spain has become one of the most visited countries in Europe. As a travel enthusiast, you would find an abundance of locations representing Spain’s history and culture. Here are some of the most famous places and tourist attractions you can consider:
- Barcelona is one such city that is always under the radar of new visitors due to its Mediterranean location, architecture, and stunning view. Some of the most popular sites to visit are: Go Gaga for Gaudi, Park Güell, and Mount Tibidabo, and if you are a soccer lover, this is the best place for you.
- Granada is another trendy tourist destination in Spain. It houses some of the most spectacular architectural creations, such as the Alhambra and Sacromonte, populated by many white caves.
- San Sebastian is a heaven for food lovers as it is flooded with old town bars and other food outlets, which will satisfy your taste buds.
Paris, the capital of France, is considered the second most visited city globally and is also the home to some of the world’s top-ranking MBA programs. The number of international aspirants applying to these B-schools is increasing rapidly from each passing year. Some of the top MBA schools in France are:
- HEC Paris
- EDHEC Business School
- Grenoble Ecole de Management
Now that you know which schools to target, let us move forward by exploring some of the most popular sites to visit in France as a travel enthusiast. France is one of the world’s most cosmopolitan and contemporary countries, from Paris’s long-running lanes to the fashion runways. With the rich French culture, language, and food and the diverse body of ethnicities, it has been home to, France is now the most well-balanced countries in the world. Below mentioned are some of the most popular sites and destinations that will satisfy the thirst of a traveler within you:
- The Eiffel Tower is one such historical work of architecture that has even been lauded as among the most beautiful buildings globally, which is why it has been nicknamed the Iron Lady.
- The Palace of Versailles is a magnificent palace built by King Louis XIV’s symbol of absolute supremacy and acted as a benchmark for Europe’s court culture.
- The Louvre Museum was once a residential palace that has now been turned into one of the finest art centers globally, including the world-famous Leonardo da Vinci painting Mona Lisa.
Germany might once have been a place which might have been remembered earlier for all the wrong reasons, but gradually it has come a long way, and the world war scars that it has posted on the whole world has long healed and gone. Considering the various educational facilities and waivers that the country has created and the growing popularity of the B-schools, here is enough reason for you to believe this country as a potential destination to pursue your MBA. Some of the top-ranked MBA schools in Germany are:
- Mannheim Business School
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
Germany is another exorbitant place for travel geeks as it provides a rich plethora of history, culture, and beautiful natural habitats. Here, you will experience the best of both worlds through their magnificent and breathtaking historical monuments and cathedrals and their Instagram worthy modern metropolitan cities such as Munich, Frankfurt, or Hamburg. Below mentioned are some of the most picturesque and worthwhile places you can visit:
- The Black Forest is famous for its dark and densely wooded picturesque, a popular site for many visitors.
- Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate is considered the city’s first neoclassical structure made of sandstone. It stands tall as the most iconic pieces of architecture in this country.
- The Rhine Valley, which runs from Switzerland to Germany and the Netherlands, is also a beautiful site worth visiting.
Unlike most MBA programs globally, Australia has a slightly different approach to its schedule when it comes to its duration. The MBA programs here run for 12 months to 2 years. Lately, most Australian B-schools have started offering a one year comprehensive MBA program that has yet not picked up momentum in other widely popular countries. Here is a list of some of the top MBA programs that you can consider especially considering the quality education, as well as picturesque locations, would bless you with:
- Melbourne Business School
- Australian Graduate School of Management
- Monash Business School
- University of Queensland Business School
Now that you have an idea of the MBA program in Australia, let’s discuss the other aspect of your curiosity: the travel quotient in Australia. Australia is geographically a vast country with a seamless display of both the sea sites and mountainous explorations. Some of the main attractions in Australia are:
- Fraser Island is a beautiful island located in Queensland, surrounded by rich rainforests, dunes, and many freshwater lakes.
- Ayers Rock is one of the largest monolith rocks globally, a famous tourist attraction spot for a long time.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest barrier reef, home to many coral reefs, bays, and islands.
- UNITED KINGDOM
The UK is home to some of the top-ranking business schools with a long history of business studies and other relevant education. In this regard, some of the top business schools in the UK are:
- London Business School
- Warwick Business School
- Imperial College Business School
- University of Cambridge, Judge Business School
Along with world-class MBA programs, the UK has been a constant favorite among many travelers as a suitable destination to quench their thirst for exploration. The most popular destinations in the UK that will complement the adventurous side you are:
- The Georgian city of Baths is a spectacular specimen of period art and architecture located in the beautiful town of Somerset.
- The Lake District National Park is another must-visit destination for people who are fond of countryside landscapes.
- The Stonehenge is one such historic landmark that has been a crowd favorite for many years.
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Considered the wealthiest country globally, the US has been an abode for some of the world’s most reputed and iconic MBA programs. The first MBA program was created in the US in the Harvard Business School in the year 1906. Apart from this school, some other very significant MBA programs in the world are:
- MIT Sloan
- Stanford GSB
- Chicago Booth
- Kellogg Business School
Through these MBA programs, you would get the opportunity to explore this vast country throughout your stay in the US, whereby you have a plethora of destinations that you can add to your bucket list from amongst the 50 states in the US.
- The Grand Canyon is one top-rated destination in the US, carved out by the Colorado River to create these fascinating and unique cliff wall patterns and ledges.
- The Niagara Falls situated between the US-Canada border is another breathtaking site that is also considered the world’s most famous waterfall.
- Times Square, which is situated in the middle of Manhattan in the bustling city of New York, is the most visited and crowded palace where people worldwide come to witness the colorful billboard setups and flashy night views.
Similar to other countries on this list, Canada is another prevalent choice for MBA studies. Some of the most prominent MBA program you can consider as one of your options are:
- Rotman School of Management
- McGill University
- Robert H. Smith School of Business
Canada, which was formerly colonized by the British and the french, is a scenic masterpiece where you can find some of the most beautiful and picturesque wonders from cold glacial mountains to eye-catching mountainous waterfalls. Some of the most well-known sites to visit during your MBA studies in Canada:
- Moraine Lake is a glacier-fed lake that is surrounded by gorgeous mountains in Alberta.
- Churchill is a snow-covered habitat town of only 1000 residents. Visitors and travel geeks come to witness the polar bears in their natural setting and absorb the beautiful white landscape.
- The Canadian train ride from Toronto to Vancouver is one of the most satisfying, relaxing, and thrilling experiences. The journey is filled with the Rockies, lakes, and Jasper National Park, making this ride a memorable experience.
Thus, some of the countries are promising options for an MBA if you love traveling and want to progress in your professional life.
Author Bio: Abhyank Srinet is a passionate digital entrepreneur who holds a Masters in Management degree from ESCP Europe. He started his first company while still studying at ESCP and managed to scale it up by 400% in just two years.
Being a B-School Alumni, he recognized the need for a one-stop solution for B-School to get in touch with schools and resolve their application queries. This prompted him to create MiM-Essay, a one-of-a-kind portal with cutting edge profile evaluation and school selection algorithms, along with several avenues to stay informed about the latest B-School Updates