CBD is becoming a popular remedy for all kinds of problems. Anxiety, headaches, and neuropathy are just three conditions that people use CBD to treat. It can be ingested in several ways, including CBD softgels.
So, what exactly is CBD?
What is CBD?
CBD is the shorthand term commonly used for Cannabidiol. It is a substance extracted from cannabis plants, including the leaves, stems, and flowers. Many people think ‘marijuana’ when they see ‘cannabis.’
While it’s true that cannabis extraction can be used to create marijuana, that isn’t the same as CBD. Unlike marijuana, CBD products generally don’t contain THC, the chemical that gives pot users a ‘high.’
6 Mistakes New CBD Users Make
Despite the growing acceptance of CBD usage, there are still many unknowns surrounding its medicinal properties. Beginners to the CBD craze can often unknowingly use the products incorrectly, thus dulling the positive benefits.
Here are 6 of the most common mistakes beginners make when starting CBD treatments.
1. Buying the cheapest CBD products. In many cases, price doesn’t always equal quality. However, the opposite is often true when it comes to CBD products. Cheaper products are often made from lower-quality compared to the more expensive counterparts.
2. Not following the dosage guidelines. When beginning CBD, it can take a lot of trial and error to hit upon the correct dosage of CBD for maximum results. New users can take too much or too little of the product. General guidelines recommend beginning with a low dose and increasing the CBD consumption over time.
3. Expecting immediate results. Patience is not a virtue most people have. In a society of instant gratification, new CBD users often expect immediate results. Not getting the expected results often leads to the next mistake.
4. Quitting CBD abruptly. Some new CBD users quit using the products after a week or two when the results aren’t immediately noticeable. Experts say weight loss takes weeks to appear noticeable and sometimes the results of CBD products can take just as long.
5. Not drinking enough water. While CBD is effective for many conditions, it doesn’t come without side effects. Side effects vary per person, but one of the most common side effects is dehydration. Drinking slightly more than the recommended amount of water can ease the symptoms of dehydration.
6. Assuming you will react to CBD the same as others. Our bodies are not one-size-fits-all. The brain chemicals react differently to CBD from person-to-person. Since most people begin using CBD at a friend’s urging, they often expect similar results and reactions. However, everyone reacts differently to CBD products.
Keep an Open Mind to CBD
Many people have qualms and uncertainties about using CBD. However, whether it’s CBD usage or riding a bike, everyone has to start somewhere. Knowing what mistakes to avoid can help put CBD newbies on the right path from the beginning.