If you’re in the US you are gearing up for one the most anticipated Holidays of the year. Labor Day! Indulge into these freshly fruit infused drinks that will sure have you feeling extra patriotic this weekend.
If the combination of pomegranate and tequila sets you back, you are in for a pleasant surprise this sweet drink with a kick. Don’t be afraid and after all this nation was built on taking risks.
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup club soda
- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Small plate with sugar
- Grapefruit wedge
- Rosemary (if wanted)
- Cut grapefruit in half, rubbing the edge of cocktail glass
- Rim your glass with sugar (or salt)
- In cocktail mixer combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and sugar, mixing until sugar dissolves.
- Add tequila, club soda, and ice.
- Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and enjoy!
Americans have adopted and love the Margarita as one of their own. It’s hard to think of a time where a tangy fresh squeezed margarita over the weekend wouldn’t be acceptable. Yet, the only thing more refreshing than a margarita would be a margarita made with cucumber. The infusion makes for a refreshing great punch.
- 2 1/2 ounce cucumber infused tequila
- 1 ounce simple syrup/ sugar
- 1 cucumber slice, for garnish
- Rim your glass with salt
- Fill glass with salt
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add the cucumber -infused tequila, lime juice and simple syrup and shake until well chilled. Strain the cocktail into the rimmed glass and garnish with the cucumber slice.
Last but not least its an American tradition to accompany any occasion, big or small, with a nice cold brew. In recent years the number of breweries in the U.S has reached an all time high of 3,000 for the first time since before Prohibition. So whether you’re into blondes, darks or honeys remember to keep red, white make sure to sit back relax and not let summer pass you by too fast.