You’re working hard and really need a vacation. Even a short break for a few days basking in the sun would do the trick. But how can you do it without the time and the money? You can’t just stop working and go off on a bender. You need the income—at least to make up for the cost of the vacation, duh.
It’s not impossible. There are lots of ways you can continue to keep the cash flowing in even while you’re taking some time to chill on the beach or up a mountain. If you can work from home and you can keep your laptop close by, what’s the difference?
With modern technology, there is nothing stopping you from continuing to work at your present job. After all, ‘home’ is anywhere you want it to be. So pack up your suitcase, grab your laptop and get on a place.
• If you are already a computer whizz, you can offer poolside consultations. Most people combine business and pleasure and spend a considerable amount of time online. They are always encountering problems for which they need some help. Word will get around quickly and at $200 an hour for professional consulting, your can rack up some quick bucks that will more than cover the cost of your sojourn.
• While your partner is off showing businessmen how to save a document in their word file, you can be offering to watch a child or two. Choose children the same age as your own (if you have them) so you can kill two birds with one stone. Child watching today costs a good $100 an hour so a few hours each morning can bring in a few extra dollars that can pay for those delicious Mai Tais.
• If you are one of those people that can’t stand sitting around a pool all day or constantly washing the sand off your feet, you probably prefer traveling to new and exciting places and spending most of your time hiking up and down mountain trails or visiting museums and touristy places of interest. If so, we certainly all want to hear about it and there are plenty of blog sites that will pay you for whipping up an interesting report of your adventures. Blogging has become a big business and you can offer an ongoing series of adventure stories for a group rate.
• In a similar vein, here’s another idea: make use of pictures. Everyone takes lots of pictures now as it costs nothing. So here’s the thing: crop them, angle them, add to them and then SELL them to the highest bidder. There are plenty of sites that will refurbish your snaps, frame them and resell them to online buyers or use them for their marketing needs. Scoop around for the best sites so you can maximize your profits.
• Back to the computer! It can be pretty easy to make money speculating on stocks or Forex if you are disciplined and it certainly doesn’t matter if you are sitting at home in front of your desk or at a table in a Parisian café. The important thing is to trade at the right time. The easiest trading instrument is Forex and if you have an existing account with the right Forex broker, there is nothing stopping you from continuing you’re trading from wherever you happen to be.
• When people are on holiday they tend to spend more freely and buy things that they wouldn’t buy at home. That’s why in popular holiday resorts you see plenty of roadside vendors selling hats, jewelry, knick-knacks and all kinds of stuff. This can include directly useful stuff like drinks and sun tan lotion too. If you’re an arty kind of person, why not make some bracelets or whatever you are good at and set up a little stall? Cold drinks in an icebox would probably help, too.
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself… don’t be scared to mix business and pleasure. So if that’s your goal, what’s stopping you from moving ahead?