As a new dog owner, I was pretty shocked to find how much money it took to keep my lil pup happy. After combining food, treats, toys, vaccinations, and training, it goes without saying my wallet has been pretty empty lately.
So, after doing some research I found some awesome recipes for homemade dog treats! This one’s from Kevin and Amanda and only involves three ingredients. Super easy, super tasty, puppy approved. Here we go!
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter, 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree, 1 3/4 cups of whole wheat flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a big mixing bowl, stir the PB and pumpkin
3. Add about 1/4 cups of flour at a time until the dough is no longer sticky (it took me about 1 1/4 cups).
4. Roll out the dough to about 1/4″ thick on a cookie sheet
5. Cut out dough and place treats on a pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8-15 minutes (it took me closer to 15).
7. Let cool and then put the treats in a airtight baggie or container